Technically I started working on my new game the beginning of this week (Monday, the 27th).
After having learned abit of haxe/nme/ and haxeflixel — I decided to go with HaxeFlixel for my new game.
The game is title Game Changer because it literally changes games every few levels. Started with an idea I was going to submit to Ludum Dare — it was the one with the theme of evolution. The idea was you take something like pong, and constantly evolve it to where it’s a completely different game. So I decided to use that as the basis for this project.
Here’s an outline I wrote —
Game Changer 1 —
3 levels per change —
catching ball paddle game
paddle ball deflection
super breakout (moving bricks, w/shooting)
aliens (like space invaders without horizontal movement)
galaga (formations + bosses)
vertical shmup with scrolling enemies
vertical shmup with obstacles, collidable roof and floor (scrolling map)
36 levels total.
I’m making the game in the tiny resolution of 80×120 — with scaling of course. I’m doing a flash version first, and then I will see about other platforms. I basically chose the aspect ratio of the iphone — just 320×480 or 2:3 — (or 3:2 if you were doing landscape). I probably won’t target the iphone any time soon because I don’t have a mac, or an iphone. But I figured the aspect ratio would be a good one to target.
That’s about it, I just wanted to show what I was working on.